Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Conor Oberst at the Rialto

We went to see Conor Oberst at the Rialto this past weekend. That had to be the best/most enjoyed concert I've been to. The guy is really talented and sings with a level of expression that makes you want to keep listening. He is not over the top, so he is not screaming and yelling at the microphone, it is very suttle. He also played a few acoustic songs that were very enjoyable and easy to hear. It probably helped that the Rialto has a new sound system now and the teather wasn't all that full. We were able to have seats in the back through the show, but we were also able to stand closer whenever we wanted to. The only thing I didn't like was that some of the members of hte band were drinking beer on stage. Not just like taking a little sip here and there, but more like 'let me get drunk fast' or my 'drunken high is going away, need to replenish' The singer was switching between beer and water. I felt sad cause I have a feeling they are all alcoholics and feel that they can't perform or loosen up, or be more themselves unless they are drinking.

No comments: