Thursday, September 11, 2008

18 weeks and counting


Almost half way done baking the baby in my uterine oven. Belly is starting to look bigger, but I am still waiting for that jolt of energy promised for the second trimester. As a matter of fact I am still feeling nauseous some days and don't have much of an appetite. Oh well, I guess i can't do anything else but wait. What I have noticed is that this is probably the first time I remember that I don't feel so self conscious of my body as I usually do when I am getting dressed. The fact that some clothes don't fit me anymore makes me feel excited at the proof that I have a life growing inside me. I don't mind wearing the so long dreaded fitting shirts anymore, instead I now wear them with pride, even though it looks to me that i more look fat then pregnant :-). My belly at 18 weeks pregnant looks and feels very much like my old belly when I was at my highest weight a few years ago.
Oh yeah, almost forgot, I did go to the doc's last week and my sugar was normal (so no gestational diabetes). Got to hear the anticipated healthy 140 heartbeat. Couldn't tape it anymore cause my pda is broken :-) beware those with a Mogul, the screen sensor seems to be fragile. Make sure you keep the shipping receipt as the warranty covers it for one year, with proof.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do not look fat...I absolutely see pregnancy in this pic. You look beautiful! So happy for these updates even though I wish I saw you in person ;)

Love ya Blacita...

Andrea