Tuesday, June 17, 2008

5 weeks pregnant

Despite all my fears of losing my baby, I am now 5 weeks pregnant (LMP). The past 3 days I have had the honor of experiencing that awful feeling of nausea. Feeling like I want to throw up, but not quite, sometimes so intense that I can't concentrate on anything else but how sick I feel. Tiredness is also taking a toll, I don't understand why, since the baby is merely the size of a sesame seed, how much energy does he really need? I've noticed that no matter how much sleep I get (and I've been getting at least 9 hrs the last few days) I will not be able to stay up right after lunch. Yesterday, sitting at my computer station at work, my coworker sitting next to me, and I was dozing off. That hasn't happened since I used to take naps in my office in the afternoons a few years ago. I might need to go back to that. Oh well, most of my coworkers don't know I am pregnant yet.
Most embryos at stage 13 are approximately 28 postovulatory days old and measure 4-6 mm in length. Distinguishing criteria for this stage include the presence of all four limb buds and a closed otic vesicle. The lens disc is generally not yet indented. The specimen depicted here is most likely a late stage 13 embryo


1 comment:

melissa said...

I already love your baby!