Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dogs are going to miss Nelita


Ok, the dogs are not the only ones to miss Nelita. I am really going to miss her. It has been a while since I got to spend lots of quality time with her. She isn't a teenager anymore, it is so much easier to talk to her. She actually responds and wants to know things. I still got hooked a couple times in trying to tell her what to do or how to do things. Her maturity made it a lot easier to trust her and to wait and watch. She is so lighthearted and sweet. She seems to take the little annoying things about life with patience and doesn't get bugged down easily. I'm sure there are negative things about her, but this traits really touched me as I recognize that at one time i was like more like that. I wonder what happened to me that sometimes i am so afraid and anxious. That i can let little things bother me and sometimes I can't let go. Is it just age? When did I decide that life was so serious? I know I am not like that as much anymore. Living with Joel reflects to me the way i really want to live. Nelita's visit also brought some painful memories and actually some convicting memories, as she asked questions about my past. It was good, she is probably at a point where she can handle some of my shameful and painful memories. I really enjoyed having her around. My mom is always saying that Nela is very much like me, both in looks and character. Living far away probably affords us a special kind of relationship. Ok, some funny corks about my sister: she is always thinking about food, her next meal, gets excited about special food, etc. Also I can tell that she is going to be a great cook when she has her own space.

No comments: